29 Mar 5 Tips Every Medical Student Needs to Know
Here are five things I wish I had known before my first day of medical school. Having these down will make the transition much easier. Your study efficiency, happiness, wellbeing, and satisfaction with life will all improve. The sooner you can incorporate all five, the quicker medical school will feel less like medical school and more like college part two.
1. Know your study style. Here’s a broad but complete overview of various study styles, study strategies, and how to study more effectivley: https://youtu.be/1JqFJdptTto
2. Discipline is your best friend. Discipline in one area of your life will improve other areas of your life as well. “Discipline is a muscle requiring regular exercise.”
3. Prioritize your free time & don’t spread yourself too thin. You won’t have time for all the hobbies and activities from undergrad, but you will have time for some. Pick and choose which are more important to you.
4. MAKE (don’t find) time for yourself. You will never find time in medical school. Make it happen. It’s important for you and your future patients.
5. Efficiency is the name of the game. If you improve your efficiency, everything else will fall into place.