28 Nov Belly Bloat? Flatten Your Abs
A poor diet can not only cause you to gain weight, however, it can also bloat your stomach making it disproportionately large. Even if you are exercising and dieting, making a few wrong dietary choices can contribute to feeling bloated and enlarge your stomach.
Simply eliminating the items listed below from your diet will help to achieve a flatter belly.
- Reduce Salt – water is attracted to sodium, so foods with high amounts of salt will cause you to retain more fluid
- Excess Carbs – decreasing your carbohydrate intake can train your body to access this stored fuel and burn it and drain off the excess stored fluid.
- Raw fruits & vegetables – will expand your GI tract with extra volume. Try eating cooked veggies and dried fruit.
- Avoid gassy foods – some foods produce more gas including legumes, cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, onions, peppers, and citrus fruits.
- Avoid sugar substitutes – sugar alcohols cause gas, abdominal distention, bloating, and diarrhea.
- Eliminate Fried food – are fatty and digest more slowly, causing you to feel heavy and bloated.
- Reduce Spicy foods – can stimulate the release of stomach acid, which can cause irritation.
- No Carbonated drinks – the bubbles are gassy and bloat your stomach.
- No High Acid drinks -including alcohol, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and acidic fruit juices can all irritate your GI tract and cause swelling.
- Chewing Gum – swallowing air will cause pressure, bloating, and belly expansion.
If you still are suffering from a bloated belly consider using a colon cleanser product. It is not uncommon for a person to retain up to 25 pounds of waste matter in your digestive tract. A colon cleanser will eliminate this toxic build up and help you to have flatter abs.