13 Mar Best Business Colleges
Business education in the US is highly popular amongst students from all across the world because it is more practical, applied and current. The graduate and undergraduate courses offered by the best business colleges in the US offer applied learning through consulting engagements and other real time applications of learned business concepts. The United States boasts several good business colleges, known for their excellent curriculum, established corporate and alumni network, high level of interaction between the students and the faculty. MBA or Masters in Business Administration courses offered by the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton school and universities in Columbia, Harvard and Stanford are considered the best in the nation.
Courses Offered by the Best Business Colleges
Almost all the best business colleges in the US offer graduate and postgraduate business courses. The graduate courses require students to have 16 years of undergraduate education and are available on both full time and part time basis. Admission in these business colleges is possible through a common entrance examination, called the GMAT. Some business colleges also offer executive programs.
Some of the best business schools in the US are:
* Stanford University: The Stanford Graduate School of Business offers a two-year full time residential MBA program focusing on general business management. The college also offers a PhD program and the Stanford Sloan Program, a ten-month general management program for mid-career executives, leading to a master of science in management
* Harvard Business School: The college also offers doctoral programs in various streams of management.
* Kellogg School of Management, North Western University: This college offers both executive and international executive MBA programs.
* The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania: Offers students the option to earn dual or joint degrees in several business areas.
* MIT Sloan: Offers undergraduate, MBA and even doctoral programs.
* Columbia Business School
* Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley
* The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University
* Chicago Graduate School of Business
* University of Michigan Business School, Ann Arbor
* Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth: The school offers only a full time MBA program
* New York University Stern School of Business
* The Anderson School at UCLA
* Yale School of Management: Offers MBA and PHD programs
There are several more good business colleges and universities offering courses in different streams of management that include marketing, insurance and finance.
Nancy T Parker