08 Dec Cancer Research at the University of Wisconsin (1966)
This short film details research and discoveries made by doctors and cancer researchers at the McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research at UW during the mid-1960s.
Specific research methods and equipment are demonstrated by many notable UW cancer researchers including Dr. Harold Rusch, Dr. Roswell Boutwell, Dr. Van R. Potter, Drs. Elizabeth and James Miler. Dr. Gerald C. Mueller, Dr. Robert Emery, Dr. Henry Pitot, Dr. Charles Heidelberger and Dr. Anthony Curreri.
Dr. Harold P. Rusch (who narrates and appears in this short film clip) was appointed first Director of the McArdle Laboratory in 1940 and established the cancer research program at the University of Wisconsin. The construction of the first McArdle building resulted from a gift by Michael W. McArdle. The National Cancer Institute funded facilities expansion in 1964, some of which are highlighted in this film.
For more information about The McArdle Laboratory and cancer research at UW-Madison, visit their Web stie at: http://www.mcardle.wisc.edu/index.html.
For more information about this video or UW campus history, contact the UW-Madison Archives us at email@example.com.
From “Sights and Sounds of 1966,”, Film_1761 (4 Cancer Research).mov