29 Oct CAREERS IN B.Sc. Genetics –Degree,Higher Education,Research Jobs,Top Institutes,Top Recruiters
CAREERS IN B.Sc. Genetics.Go through the career opportunities of B.Sc. Genetics, Govt jobs and Employment News channel from Freshersworld.com – The No.1 job portal for freshers in India. Visit http://www.freshersworld.com?src=Youtube for detailed Career information,Job Opportunities,Education details of B.Sc. Genetics.
BSc in Genetics stands for a degree in Bachelors of Genetics. Generally, BSc/ Bachelors of Genetics are a course that lasts for almost three years. Genetics is a branch in biology that covers all the branches under genes, variations and heredity in living organisms, preferably, all the living organisms.
Also, this course provides an insight majorly in the various ways traits are passed on from one generation to another. It is a degree course covering six semesters at the end of three years.
The subjects that are included in learning Genetics are Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Microscopy, Microbiology, Model Organisms, Biometry, Mendelian Genetics, Biotechnology, Cloning, Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineering.
The employment faculty of this course ranges from:
• Animal breeding industry
• Beauty care
• Animal science
• Educational institutions
• Food processing industry
• Health care
• Pharmaceuticals industry and supplies
• Gene therapy
• DNA forensics department
The students after completing their course can seek jobs in the above mentioned industries.
Following is a list of universities across India that provides the best of BSc/ Bachelors of Genetics courses:
• AWH Special college- Bachelor of science in Genetics
• Dayananda Sagar institutions (DSI) Bangalore- Bachelor of science in genetics
• Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar- Bachelor of science in human genetics
• Kakatiya University (KU) Warangal- Bachelor of science in genetics
• Padmashree group- Bachelors in science genetics
• St. George College of management, science and nursing- Bachelor of Science in genetics.
Here is a list of major employers in Biologists across India:
• BSc- Insilico Biology
• Tata Memorial Centre
• Indian Society of Cell Biology
The student after completing his/ her degree of Genetics can opt for an array of fields to explore. Thus, this degree provides an insight to a vast number of career options to choose from.
• Museum Educator
• Biotech Engineer
• Food Processing
• Food Scientist
• Laboratory Technician
• Biology Content Developer
Also, there are a number of advanced courses which could be done after attaining the degree of BSc/ Bachelors of Genetics which include MSc Genetics, MPhil Genetics, PhD Genetics.
The pay slip of a student after completing his/ her Bachelors in Genetics can earn in the following way:
• Microarray Software Engineer – $88,400
• Statistical Genetics Analyst – $85,000
• Senior Scientist – $95,000
• Bioinformatics Research Associate – $68,000
• Bioinformatics Scientist – $88,400
• Cytogenetic Technologist – $50,320
• Molecular Genetics clinical Lab Scientist – $59,987
• Genetic Counselor – $54,600
For more jobs & career information and daily job alerts, subscribe to our channel and support us. You can also install our Mobile app for govt jobs for getting regular notifications on your mobile.
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 job portal for freshers jobs in India.
Check Out website for more Jobs & Careers.
***Disclaimer: This is just a career guidance video for fresher candidates. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective companies. The career and job information mentioned are an indicative generalised information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect recruitment process of the respective companies.