01 Sep Careers in Human Resources Management
* Rodney Mano – Regional Human Resources Manager, Cineplex Entertainment
* Dahlia Levitin – Manager, HR & Services, Haremar Plastic Manufacturing
* Robin Smith – 2nd Vice-President, York University Staff Association
* Joanne St. Bernard-Honegan – Human Resources Business Lead, Kraft Foods Inc.
* Nicola Walters – Disability Management Advisor, Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
1. How did you get to your current position? What have you done since leaving York?
2. What do you enjoy the most about your job? What do you not enjoy? 0:23:18
3. Can you describe a typical day in your job? 0:34:20
4. Does an HR manager deal with employee activity, retirement, and such? 0:44:35
5. Would you need to pursue a Masters degree in order for you to get a job in HR? How did you work your way up? 0:47:20
6. How can you attain the position you desire? Is it a bad idea to start at an entry level position? 0:54:30
7. If you were looking to hire an employee, would you prefer someone with experience or someone with higher education? 1:11:00
8. If someone has an MBA and relevant experience, would that impact the job position they apply for? What salary range they would expect? 1:14:30
Recorded January 19, 2012