06 Oct Fitzhugh Hall – Belhaven University
Fitzhugh Hall, named for the first President of Belhaven University, Dr. Louis Fitzhugh (1884-1904), was originally part of the first building constructed at the present College site. A fire in 1927 gutted the main section of the building, leaving two wings which became Preston and Fitzhugh Hall.
For over 100 years, students have lived and learned in Fitzhugh Hall. It has housed residence hall rooms, academic classrooms, a swimming pool, a coffee shop, the home economics department, faculty and administrative offices, science and math labs, our technology equipment, and athletic offices.