06 Nov Guide to the 2017-2018 University of Texas – Austin Essay Prompts
The University of Texas – Austin application is a beast unto itself, with a slew of essays (full text below) that ask you to dig into all aspects of your life. From your home life to your future plans, you’re going to have to tell all — and in a way that sets you apart! Luckily College Essay Advisors founder (and admissions expert) Stacey Brook is here to break down the prompts so you’re ready to tackle anything Texas’ independent platform throws at you. For more tips and advice on the UC and Common App essays:
– Check out our guide to all the 2017-2018 prompts: https://www.collegeessayadvisors.com/portfolio-items/2017-18-common-application-essay-prompts-a-guide/
– Get more info or talk to a personal advisor at https://www.collegeessayadvisors.com/one-on-one-advising/
– Looking for supplement breakdowns for a school we haven’t covered? Head on over to our supplemental essay guide!
– Stay tuned for more tips and tutorials!
Full prompt text:
– What was the environment in which you were raised? Describe your family, home, neighborhood or community, and explain how it has shaped you as a person.
– If you could have any career, what would it be? Why? Describe any activities you are involved in, life experiences you’ve had, or even classes you’ve taken that have helped you identify this professional path.
– Do you believe your academic record (transcript information and test scores) provide an accurate representation of you as a student? Why or why not?
– How do you show leadership in your life? How do you see yourself being a leader at UT Austin?