09 May Principles and Values of the University of Philosophical Research
President, Dr. Obadiah Harris, from the University of Philosophical Research, discusses the principles of the University of Philosophical Research.
KEY PRINCIPLES DISCUSSED
– Wisdom Library of the University of Philosophical Research (finest collection of wisdom literature in North America).
– Wisdom involves organizing your life around one of the higher values (reference to Plato).
– Mythology and philosophers share ideas about the possibility of every human being completely integrated into these higher values.
– Principles of the University are to teach graduates not to be distracted by human nature but to tap into the somatic wisdom in the body to assist humans.
– Connection between knowledge and joy is that, when wisdom is knowledge ensouled in a person, an individual is able to feel one with the entire universe.
– Mysticism is only achieved via experience – it’s not bound by specific dogmas or doctrines. Every mystic says that everyone should have their own experience.
– Happiness is an inside job.