27 Feb Secret Of Students Who Do Well At School
I have been teaching for over 30 years and in that time I have observed the attitude and behaviour of many students and their families. The one thing that has been obvious in helping a student achieve their best is parental involvement.
Here is a list of other attributes:-
– the student is not necessarily the fastest to learn something
– they enjoy learning
– they learn to set and achieve short and long-term goals
– they revise what they have learnt constantly
– they want to do their best
– they have kind hearts
– they enjoy learning and playing a musical instrument
– they enjoy listening to others
– they enjoy participating in extra-curricular activities
– they have parents who agree on their learning and parenting styles
and most of all , they have love and respect – for others as well as themselves.
Music tuition can really make a difference to a child’s learning. It helps memory which is the basis of learning anything. Music is also capable of re-wiring the brain so that a student processes information at a faster rate as well as more efficiently.
Learning an instrument is the best way to engage a child’s learning. It is sufficiently complex enough to engage them as well as fun enough to keep their motivation going. Of course the right teacher is all important. Music teaches students how to become fine, warm, caring individuals.
It is no coincidence that all the private schools spend a fortune on their music departments. It is no coincidence that the high achievers are mostly musicians.
I highly recommend parents to find out ways of getting their kids into music. It makes all the difference.