11 May TOEFL: how to score 119 out of 120
Our student has taken TOEFL and scored 119 out of 120!
She used some TOEFL books (this one https://geni.us/CrackingTOEFL + more links below) and Skype tutor to help her prepare – https://goo.gl/1hnKQC
Anastasia mentioned 3 books that helped her:
– Cracking the TOEFL – https://geni.us/CrackingTOEFL
– Complete Guide to TOEFL test – https://geni.us/CompleteGuide
– Official Guide to the TOEFL – https://geni.us/OfficialGuideTOEFL
What’s important to remember about TOEFL parts:
1. Reading – be sure that your English level is at least intermediate. Otherwise it would be a bit complicated for you to score more than 15 in this part
2. Listening – to get ready for TOEFL listening you need to listen to a lot of American native speakers. I recommend watching American films and TV series (my favorites are the Suits, House of Cards, Breaking Bad)
3. Speaking – use a native speaker to evaluate your speech and get feedback on your responses. Otherwise you won’t be able to see where you can improve significantly.
4. Writing – here everything really depends on practice. Again, you would need a tutor to evaluate your writing plus it’s important to use templates and exceed the word count on every essay.
Also Anastasia has a blog – https://essentialfactsoflife.wordpress.com/
See how I scored 117 out of 120 on TOEFL:
part 1: Reading and Listening – https://goo.gl/O4gmio
part 2: Speaking and Writing – https://goo.gl/LRfIV0
How I scored 700 on GMAT:
How I got full financial aid from top US universities:
Subscribe to my channel for more videos about travelling, learning language, education abroad and lifestyle!
Instagram – @linguamarina
My business – http://goo.gl/RSWy4p
Filmed on Canon G7X
Please watch: “HOW I LEARN ENGLISH BY WATCHING TV SHOWS – vocabulary, topics”